Keep Our Republic is a non-partisan civic action organization dedicated to protecting a republic of laws and strengthening the checks and balances of our democratic system.
We aim to discover, highlight and help to prevent an array of extraordinary threats to American democracy, strengthen democratic guardrails, and educate the public before it is too late. Our civic creed is: Let all citizens vote. Let all votes be counted. Let the count stand.
We are particularly concerned about the uncertainty and chaos around the certification of electors, a contested election, the vast secret emergency powers held by the president, and other unconventional threats.
We believe that all citizens, civic groups, media, trade groups, and elected officials at every level must join together and be alert to the challenges ahead.
What We Do:
- Help to educate the American people and our leaders on the dangers these emergency powers may pose to our republic
- We research, analyze and clarify the many options that states may face in the selection of electors and the actions of the electoral college
- Help to mobilize a “Citizens Firewall” to protect against the abuse of these Presidential powers
- Advocate illumination and reform of these Presidential Powers through establishment of a bipartisan commission in 2021 to recommend oversight and legislation
- Urge Congress to hold hearings and alert the citizenry to the potential abuse of these known and secret Presidential powers.
How we do it: Through our collective expertise and long-standing service, we seek to educate the general public and its elected leaders at local, state and national levels on potential election and post-election challenges through direct dialogue and a media campaign.
We are working with other NGOs to promote coalition-building and to ensure a peaceful transfer of power. Longer-term, we will encourage efforts to reform the scope of Presidential Emergency Powers.